Built for today’s digital challenges, ForgeRock’s access management solution, OpenAM, is designed to give customers not only context-aware single sign on access, but also a personalized experience on any digital channel, whether a mobile device, connected car, home appliance, or whatever the next connected innovation might be.
OpenAM has a highly scalable, modular, easy-to-deploy architecture that includes
- Authentication based on dynamic, context-based access that is responsive to user location, timezone, device, IP address, time of day and more, providing endless personalization possibilities and mitigation of risk.
- Authorization and Entitlement Management enables users to access applications and services based on permissions and policies defined by the business, using our powerful policy engine tools.
- Federation and Single Sign On with a single identity, users access services that span across the cloud, mobile devices, on premises and off, eliminating the need for multiple passwords, user profiles, and the complexity that creates friction and slows adoption.
- Social Sign On supports integration with the “sign-up and login with Facebook” –style access to eliminate the need for user registration and allow rapid consumer adoption.
- Adaptive Risk combines contextual information to evaluate the risk of users attempting to access resources and if deemed suspicious require a higher level of authentication or identity proofing.
- Mobile Support that uses lightweight standards like OAuth 2.0 enables a very simple REST API framework to build native and web apps for iOS, Android, and others.
“We needed to go beyond an employee-centric solution and grant our customers secure access to the relevant parts of our internal systems. We had to find a flexible platform that could handle identities for our internal and external users, ensure that each person only gained access to the relevant parts of the systems, and scale to support millions of users. We chose ForgeRock to provide a state of the art, customer IAM solution with a highly reliable support structure.”
“ForgeRock OpenAM enables us to deliver a real-world ‘Internet of Things’ experience’—allowing us to use the car itself as an identity to provide authentication to the services platform.”
Toyota Motor Europe
Great For Users
OpenAM enables a light touch when dealing with users, all while providing the highest possible security. It delivers a great, easy to use service, empowering the user wherever possible, such as through easy self-registration or password reset.
Great For Admins
OpenAM provides administrators the ability to deliver a rich and personalized experience, provides modern contextual and social authentication out of the box as well as easy configuration of fine grained authorization.
Great For Developers
OpenAM enables developers to produce services based on latest open standards, the ability to build and provide those services from any device, and easy yet powerful customization of user interfaces.